Friday, May 22, 2015

Window Boxes Completed

Today I filled the window boxes with purple and white alyssum and lobelia.  Five alyssum lined the back of the container and five lobelia were placed in front of them. The plants will be pinched back frequently to keep them robust and bushy. I like the simplicity of the boxes; they should fill out in two to three weeks.



I also prepared tomato labels.  The tags will be attached to either the cage, stake or plant itself.  In the past, I've placed small stakes in the ground. The stakes inevitably became dislodged as I cultivated the beds. With such a large number of varieties this year, it will be wiser to secure the tags to the plants themselves.
I assembled and charged one battery for the weedwacker last night.  I was able to edge most of the yard today using one battery. The second battery is in the process of being charged and will be used to finish up the job tomorrow. I am very happy with the new weedwacker. It's a pleasure not having to drag around the electric cord.

I placed a container of Nasturium, Empress of India, in the Spag's crock in the front yard.


Postscript #1 - No sign of grass germination yet.
Postscript #2 - I keep threatening to take down the scare crow.  It does nothing but scare me!

No comments:

Post a Comment