Sunday, April 19, 2015

Getting Caught Up

I am definitely falling behind in my garden schedule. I hope to make a concerted effort over the next few days to sow seeds and thin and transplant seedlings.

The first task of the day was to finish thinning and transplanting the tomato seedlings. I now have a total of 164 tomato seedlings.

I then thinned the pepper plants, leaving just one seedling per cup.  I did not transplant too many seedlings, rather I just threw the extras away.  I have about 60 pepper plants in total.


Postscript #1 - I am declaring the following tomato and pepper seeds not viable:

Red Mercury Peppers
New Mexico Red Chili Peppers
Serano Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers (harvested)
Blue Beauty Tomatoes
Burpee Italian Roma Tomatoes
Big Boy Tomatoes

Postscript #2 - I am also declaring non-viable the savoy cabbage seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment