Monday, April 6, 2015

Eggplant Transplants

I had better than expected germination from the eggplant seeds.  The least viable were the Aswad variety, but all others produced six or more.


The rosemary is extremely sturdy and a vibrant shade of green.  Although no roots are visible at the bottom of the 4-packs, they could be potted up or even transplanted directly to the garden right now.  I will wait, however, until they are moved out to the hoophouse and hardened off.


It is so much fun to think that I may have homemade zaatar in five months.  They are doing well in their 4-packs.


Postscript #1 - Declaring the petunia seeds sowed on March 17 as not viable.  They were old seeds (2008) given to me as part of an online seed swap.
Postscript #2 - While doing errands around town, we found a pile of free "stuff" on the curb. Of course, I stopped, a habitual thrifter as I am, and snatched an unopened, new box of Italian ceramic pottery suitable to plant herbs.  As soon as came home, I quickly planted basil in the pots and set it on the kitchen windowsill.


No comments:

Post a Comment