Friday, April 17, 2015

Beautiful Geraniums and Coleus

I am pleased with the progress of the geraniums and coleus.  They have been relatively easy to grow.
There is a flower bud in the middle of the tray.
I love the variations in coloring: pink, burghundy, yellow and white. 
I transplanted soapwort seedlings into sixteen individual containers. I pulled out two that had "kinked" stems. The stems of the seedlings are very fragile.


Four Syrian eggplants have looked pretty sad the past week.  I threw away the first three and repotted this one into a deeper container. All other varieties look much better although some leaves look pale and stressed.
Before
After
Then I up-potted five Independence Day Tomatoes to six-inch plastic containers. They don't look like they have taken the transplanting very well. Keeping fingers crossed for a potential July 4th tomato!


Postscript #1 - There was germination of a Thai peppers and Tiny Tim tomato. Yahoo!!
Postscript #2 - I added potting soil to the Italian Roma tomato containers to cover more of the stems.

No comments:

Post a Comment